Mallory,

On 11/2/18 12:34, Mallory Mooney wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Just wanted to check-in to see if anyone has had the chance to take
> a look at the draft and leave feedback. I'll be locking things down
> for this one by Thursday of next week (Nov. 8), so there's some
> time left if you are still working through it.

In your section on connector/protocol types, you say that Tomcat
auto-switches between APR and NIO, and that the default is APR. That
is not true in Tomcat 8.5 and later, where NIO is the default unless
the APR Lifecycle Listener's "useAprConnector" attribute has been set
to true (the default value for that is false).

Your description about garbage collection seems to indicate that
Tomcat is somehow involved in GC algorithm selection. It's not: that's
entirely up to the JVM, of course.

Also, OOME's don't cause crashes. They cause confusion, since some
application's aren't resilient, and the JVM itself rarely goes down,
so some devs and admins think everything is okay. Generally, it's not
okay, but it might look okay. There are also OOMEs which are
completely benign and can be ignored. Knowing which is which comes
with experience.

- -chris

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM Mallory Mooney
> <mallory.moo...@datadoghq.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Just wanted to give you an update. I am working to get things for
>> this series wrapped up by the first week of November. Hopefully,
>> that still gives everyone enough time to review and leave any
>> feedback.
>>
>> Mallory
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:37 PM Mallory Mooney <
>> mallory.moo...@datadoghq.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Igal, it will be available publicly once published! I don't
>>> have an official publish date yet but can share that when it
>>> becomes more concrete.
>>>
>>> And no PRs yet, Chris! It's still in the less cool GDoc stage
>>> of the review process. :)

> Mallory,

Requesting access will still be needed, but I can grant that ASAP.