On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 12:01 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 23/11/2018 22:51, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 10:58 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> - French has increased from 18% to 64% coverage
> >>

> > Done (well, close enough, a few tribes/ha remain) !
> >
> > Or rather, the initial work is done, gradual proofreading, rewording and
> > harmonizing would be needed. But it's not too bad as search and replace
> is
> > easier than initial translation (IMO).
> >
> > And the source English strings are not exempt from that either, for
> example:
> > - many strings have big WARNING at first: it should be removed as it
> > duplicates the log level of the logger
> > - similar: message location info, like the thing occurred in FooBarClass,
> > which well, is probably going to be the log category

Explanation for Jasper: it uses the ServletContext "logger" (I had
forgotten), and it only has a generic log method which logs either as info
or error. However the "WARN" should probably not be i18n-ed to be able to
be further processed if needed and it shouldn't be part of the String, it
should be "WARN: " + i18n.

> > - debug with lots of random variables like in Tribes/HA, this shouldn't
> > have i18n
> > - some random digressions, IMO it should be kept to the point and avoid
> > many sentences
> >
> > Is it possible to edit English directly in POEditor, or should it be done
> > in svn/git ?
>
> We can edit the English directly. We just need to be careful about
> keeping POEditor and svn in sync.
>
> Let me check how in sync they are at the moment for English...
>
> Look to be 100% in sync so edit away in POEditor if that is easier.
> Worth mentioning your plans on dev@ in case anyone is thinking of
> updating the terms and/or English values.

Ok, nice.

Rémy