I would have the opposite feeling.  I would not want a java process
parked out in the internet.  Not saying you're wrong just my personal
feeling.  Maybe things have shifted in a different direction over the
year.  I do agree that something like that would be helpful to other tomcat
admins.  Would you consider putting it into github ?

Thanks,