On 31/07/2019 04:37, Kirill Ilyukhin wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> Please let me disagree with you. I have connected JVisualVM to Tomcat JVM,
> run the test with 10,000 connections, performed several explicit GCs and
> made a heap dump. All 10,000 WsSessions are in heap. They are referenced as
> following:

Sorry, I can't repeat this. I am using:

- the sample server code provided previously
- the client code provided previously
- the server.xml provided below
- Tomcat 8.5.44-dev (there are no relevant changes since 8.5.43)
- openjdk 1.8.0_212-b04
- linux

I have also tried to re-create the issue on OSX without success.

I have also tried to re-create the issue with 8.5.43 without success.

> this
>  <- wsSession     - class:
> org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsHttpUpgradeHandler
>   <- internalHttpUpgradeHandler     - class:
> org.apache.coyote.http11.upgrade.UpgradeProcessorInternal
>    <- val     - class: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Node
>     <- [12930]     - class: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap$Node[]
>      <- table     - class: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap
>       <- connections     - class:
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler
>        <- handler     - class: org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint
>         <- this$0 (Java frame)     - class:
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$Acceptor

That suggests connections aren't being closed properly. Various bugs
have been fixed in this area but all those fixes are present in 8.5.43.

> Do you think it might be Tomcat configuration dependent? Please see my
> server.xml below.

I think there is something about your environment that is triggering
this. Have you tried re-creating this with a completely clean (OS, Java,
Tomcat) install?

Mark