Hello,

Over the holiday, I created a war file for a small application and
deployed it to $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps

Inside the war file was a index.jsp page. So when I called the
application for the first time from a browser I did like so.

http://localhost:8080/webappname/index.jsp -> and it showed the page and
all was happy until I clicked a link. After clicking on a link, I
noticed that the site had a 404, and the url looked like this:

http://localhost:8080/welcome.jsp -> it was missing the context.

So my question ... after deploying a war file to the server, is there
additional configuration that needs to be accomplished? Do we still put
an entry into the server.xml, or in the META-INF directory of the local
application? This has confused me, and when I read about

PS, I tried searching the archives, but the marc-aims group web site
appears to be having issues.

Thanks,

Scott