On 7/4/06, Alec Swan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I need to reference Styles.css from Test.jsp in such a way that it works in
static as well as in deployed mode. Note that for this to work in the static
mode (no web servers or servlet containers) all paths should be relative.
Therefore, when I deploy Test.jsp I want Tomcat either to handle relative paths
correctly or ignore the path altogether and just serve all CSS file from a
certain location (directory or URL).

The goal of all this is to maintain only one source tree used by web designers
and Tomcat administrator and avoid changing paths in JSP files during
deployment.

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

OK, since you asked :-)  -- this seems a really strange requirement;
are your "web designers" unable to run a Tomcat instance to work
in?

But in any case, using relative links to a css file works fine on a test
page I just did that mirrors your described files. So *exactly* how is
this not working for you?

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]