As someone new to working with Tomcat (8), I see that a lotof the introductory
documentation suggests to use CVS (and in conjunction withant) for handling
software revisions. However, I have read discussions aboutthe superiority of
git for handling software revisions / commits, etc., andalso I wish to put my
code where it will be publicly accessible, i.e., ongithub.

Will git work just as well as CVS for tomcat appdevelopment, or are there
specific, important reasons why the Tomcatdocumentation consistently refers to
CVS for this? Any thoughts?

   - Bill Engelke