Hello,

I am using Tomcat 8.5.11 with JDBC connection pooling. Based on the
documentation it is clear that DBCP pooling has changed the maxActive
attribute to maxTotal. However it is unclear, based on this document
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/jdbc-pool.html, if JDBC
pooling has also changed maxActive to maxTotal.

Also, I am currently using both attributes maxActive and maxTotal in my
current server.xml file, which does not appear to be causing any issues.

my question is which attribute should I be using?

Thanks
Dave

--

<https://www.primepoint.com/>

David Bothwell

Chairman of the Board, Chief technology Officer | Primepoint, LLC

Address: 2 Springside Road, Westampton, NJ 08060

Phone: 800-600-5257

<https://www.primepoint.com/>-
<https://www.facebook.com/Primepoint.Payroll.HR/>-
<https://www.instagram.com/primepointllc/>-
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/505608?trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical%3Acompany%2CclickedEntityId%3A505608%2Cidx%3A2-2-3%2CtarId%3A1447790586761%2Ctas%3Aprimepoint>
- <https://twitter.com/primepoint>- <https://vimeo.com/user55649759>

--
This communication, and any information or attachments contained within,
may contain privileged or confidential information that is intended for the