|I hope these descriptions of the setting helps you in making a decision as to the value. <!-- maxTotal: Maximum number of database connections in pool. Make sure you configure your mysqld max_connections large enough to handle all of your db connections. Set to -1 for no limit. --> <!-- maxIdle: Maximum number of idle database connections to retain in pool. Set to -1 for no limit. See also the DBCP 2 documentation on this and the minEvictableIdleTimeMillis configuration parameter. -->|

|maxActive| (int) The maximum number of active connections that can be allocated from this pool at the same time. The default value is |100|||