That must be the reason why Apache Netbeans is using  a version from 2015
and Apache  Struts is recommending to use jdk 8.

 Because there is somebody like you keeps telling people it is off topic
and Giant  IT companies are not releasing jdk further than JDK 8.

The issue is a miserable and disgraceful failure in coordination by Apache
Foundation.