On 1/7/2020 3:09 PM, Michael Osipov wrote:
Am 2020-01-07 um 21:58 schrieb Jerry Malcolm:
This may be more of a Java question than Tomcat.  But I'm not sure.  I have the same code, talking to the same MySql Linux (AWS) database.  I read a date column value in a Tomcat app.  After calling resultSet.getDate(...) I printed the date instance and the getTime() value:

On windows: 2019-02-01 1549000800000

On linux:       2019-01-31 1548979200000

Again this is the SAME line of code in java reading the SAME field in the SAME database.  Only thing different is Linux/Windows OS.  The date is supposed to be 2/1/2019 and shows that in phpMyAdmin.

I've been running on Linux for a few months.  But I don't have an extensive background in the specifics of Linux.  I'm sure there must be something that is configured differently.  I'm at a loss. But this is not a trivial problem.  I do monthly billing. My dates need to be accurate.

Have you verified that you aren't tricked by any timezone issues?
Probably so.  But how would I know?  I was under the impression that java.sql.Date was timezone independent.  Shouldn't it simply convert a month/day/year value to the number of milliseconds since the epoch?  How would timezone issues affect that?  And if I am 'tricked' how do I 'untrick'.  What do I set/change?