I don't understand exactly how X-Frame-Options (which is what the
HttpHeaderSecurityFilter is configuring) is being used by your
application, but I believe X-Frame-Options is essentially being
replaced by various features of Content-Security-Policy. You may want
to talk to your engineers about using one of those versus the other;
you may want to discontinue using the "anti click-jacking" features of
this filter altogether in favor of something else.

Dear Mr. Schultz (et al):

Thanks. Our webapp team combined your answer with what we could glean from the customer's security audit, and has come up with a solution involving a Content-Security-Policy, using a class he added to the webapp. I'm not sure, but I think it can be built into the WAR file.

On our own Tomcat server, we have another webapp that cannot have clickjack protection via a HTTPHeaderSecurity filter with
<param-name>antiClickJackingOption</param-name> <param-value>SAMEORIGIN</param-value>
because it's specifically designed to go into a frame, in a page served from an entirely different server. Is that what the "ALLOW-FROM" option and the associated "antiClickJackingUri" parameter are for?

--
JHHL