My application uses Redisson (a client which persists the session to
Redis). There are two Redisson jar files located in $CATALINA_HOME/lib, so
if I understand the docs correctly they're loaded by the common class
loader.

I want to access the RedissonSessionManager class during a request. The
problem is that if I do something like RedissonSessionManager manager =
(RedissonSessionManager) session.getManager() I get a ClassCastException,
presumably because they were loaded by different class loaders.

Will it help if I somehow access the common class loader for this? If so
how can I do that? If not is there some other way I can achieve this?

Jon.