OK. The web.xml entries should probably be something like this:

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>just-a-little-test</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>firstpack.JustAlittleTest</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>just-a-little-test</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/some/useful/mapping</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

and the form action should be "/some/useful/mapping".
I changed the names so they weren't all JustAlittleTest ;)

As to the logs, I assumed there would be stacktraces in the logs for ClassNotFound/NoClassDefFound exceptions if the mapping was not valid.

HTH,

Jon

McRaven, Brian wrote:
I made the servlet part of a package but I'm getting a Servlet not Found
Exception.  The actions I took to make the servlet part of a package are
the following:

1 added package line to java code, recompiled
2 placed new class file in new subdirectory of WEB-INF/classes folder
with same name of package
3 changed entry in web.xml file to reflect package that servlet is in
for the url-pattern
4 changed JSP so that the forms action="firstpack.JustALittleTest"

I've looked at the log files but I'm not sure what to look for.

Brian