Maybe I'm missing something, but if you re-generate the pages, and have
Tomcat in development mode, the new pages will automatically be re-compiled
the next time they are accessed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Potter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:59 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Run shell script when web application start/restart

The reason for me choosing the first, messy solution was that this had to be
a quick fix, rewriting the logic in the JSP pages was out of the question
(and way above the allocated budget ;) ).

Of course I had the shell scripts and configuration files so it seemed just
the right solution to  use these tools in the startup process of the webapp.

It seems that I can convince the cusomer to just run the shell scripts that
modify(actually generate) the JSP pages but then I face an other problem.
After generating and copying the JSP pages in the right place how can I tell
tomcat (from the shell script) to restart the application (or to recompile
the pages) ?

Rgds
Thomas