On 19/11/2020 16:03, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 19/11/2020 15:55, Eric Robinson wrote:

<snip/>

>> Unfortunately, the tomcats get restarted every night, so I'll have to watch
>> closely for the error to happen today and I will do a thread dump as close
>> as possible to the time of the error.
>
> Sounds good. Tx.
>
> My guess based on what I saw in the strace is that the thread will be
> something database related. Which database and which database driver
> (version number etc) is in use? In particular, are there any native
> components to the JDBC driver?

Morning Eric,

I got the latest logs. Unfortunately, it looks like the file descriptor
information wasn't included in the strace output. I'm not seeing any
calls to close a file descriptor.

The thread dump looks good. I can map information from strace to the
thread dump successfully.

It looks like you are using MySQL from the data in the strace log. Is
that correct? What I really need to know is which version of the MySQL
JDBC driver (Connector/J) are you using? I'm trying to figure out where
the root cause might be (or if it is a known issue fixed in a later
release).

Mark