On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 12:42:56PM -0400, Christopher Schultz wrote:
> On 6/19/21 11:31, James H. H. Lampert wrote:
[snip]
> > Also, while I'm here, can somebody point me to an example of how to code
> > the Manager's RemoteAddrValve setting to allow access from, say, two or
> > three arbitrary IP addresses?
>
> Take a look at the example configuration that ships with the Manager. It
> already includes 2 specific IPs and one range. It's a regular
> expression. If you aren't too good with those, find someone who is or
> give a specific example and someone here can probably help.

If you aren't too good at REs, or you just think that a long chain of
ORed subexpressions, each of which contains far too many escaped dots,
is too horrible to contemplate, you may also want to take a look at
RemoteCIDRValve instead.

https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/valve.html#Remote_CIDR_Valve

I got so tired of those eye-watering IP address REs that I wrote my
own CIDR-based Valve some years ago, but I'm happy to discover that I
can now throw it away and use one that ships with Tomcat.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library