Chris,

  Thanks for your input. The application in question is a content management one which is developed using Vignette. The Vignette support team suggested the increase in heapsize as a first measure. We are analyzing the code itself for leaks. It may be that on jsp pages we are not closing connections properly.
I am wondering whether:
- simply editing the catalina.sh file as I described would do it or for proper application of an increase, we may need to use commands external to the file such as export or set?
- whether the increase made in catalina.sh may need to be made elsewere in other files?

Also what is stacksize permgensize and how can these play a role in how Tomcat performs and could their setting be related to OutOfMemory errors?

Thanks,
Ibrahim

Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

07/17/2006 09:02 PM