Thanks,
Ibrahim

"Suresh babu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
07/17/2006 11:44 PM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Increase Heapsize

-verbosegc -XX:+PrintGCDetails

On 7/18/06, Suresh babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Using -verbose:gc will also help in finding out the heap size
>

>  On 7/18/06, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Ibrahim,
> >
> > > I've increased the heapsize in my development enviroment.
> > > And I don't knowhow to confirm the change has been made to the
effect
> > the
> > > whole system is affected.
> > > So I'd like to know how to go about confirming this, possibly thru
> > some
> > > monitoring measure.
> >
> > You can always call Runtime.getRuntime().totalMemory() to find out the
> > amount of heap space that has been allocated to the JVM. I have
> > incorporated this piece of information into a page that allows the
> > current user to "snoop" their session (only enabled in development, of
> > course).
> >
> > -chris

This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or
confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose,
and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and
communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

Thank you.