Hi,

Am 19.09.21 um 19:48 schrieb Keil, Matthias (ORISA Software GmbH):
Hello everyone and thanks for the hints.
They also work as expected and I can package the provider in the web
application 😊.

Nevertheless, the Configuration Reference
(https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/jaspic.html) suggests that you
define your own provider in jaspic-providers.xml and Tomcat will then find it.
I am really only interested in a separate server auth module (SAM). Since I saw
no way in the documentation to pack this into the web application. That's why I
tried the way through the provider.

You want to define the class in the jaspic-providers.xml but package the provider implementation(s) in the application(s) ?

As I said, your suggestions work, but there are also a number of additional
classes needed to provide the actual SAM.
Thank you again

If you dont need the whole flexibility of JASPI you can also do something like this:

public class MyAuthProvider implements AuthConfigProvider, ServerAuthConfig, ServerAuthModule, ServerAuthContext

--
Greets
  Bernd