Joe,

> Am 02.04.2022 um 00:53 schrieb Joseph Michaud <joseph.mich...@smartbear.com>:
>
> As I understand it, an ErrorReportValve is an application-level filter.  An
> HTTP request error (like an unknown URL) that reaches it will be processed.
> With the ErrorReportValve I can modify the information presented in the
> report.  However, an *invalid* URL is not assignable to any application.  No
> ErrorReportValve would apply to it.
>
> An invalid URL generates a 400 response.  In Tomcat 8.5, there was no error
> report included in that response.  In Tomcat 9.0, the default error report is
> included.  The default error report includes Tomcat version information.
> Some security-conscious customers don't want version information displayed
> but now, with Tomcat 9.0, I cannot remove that information.
>
> I think the answer is 'no', but I'll ask anyway.... Is there a global-level
> ErrorReportValve capability?  Or some facility to easily remove the version
> information from an 'invalid URL' error report?  (I'm aware of modifying the
> ServerInfo.properties file, but that affects more than just the error
> report...)

this goes in server.xml like this

      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false" deployXML="true">

        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve"
showReport="false" showServerInfo="false" />

      </Host>

you may also add
errorReportValveClass="com.logo.tomcat.valves.CustomErrorReportValve" to the
host attributes.

Hope this helps

Peter