On 08/03/2023 19:52, Bhavesh Mistry wrote:
Hi Mark,

It is a *direct connection* with no proxy or no reverse proxy or no load
balancer in the middle.  We have a web app (UI) that make backend call and
return 204 with no content and send it to the browser.  An interesting fact
is very thing works on Chrome but not with firefox.  We have tried
everything and we looked tomcat code and we see a change log around this
area.

That data you provided previously is not consistent with that statement.

Tomcat is listening on port 8443.

Firefox is connecting to port 443.

I have no doubt the Tomcat change to 204 handling triggered the change in behavior you are seeing. It appears to have exposed a HTTP/2 bug somewhere in your system.

It is hard to come up with a sample, but I will try it.  I am just trying
to give clue which code or line causing the problem to narrow down the
issue, but it is not helping.

Tomcat isn't the root cause. A simple test here with an index JSP and a JSP that just returns a 204 works as expected with Chrome and FireFox.

All the indications are that there is an additional component in the system you are testing that can't handle an HTTP/2 204 response without a body.

Mark

Thanks,

Bhavesh