On 7/22/06, Gamigin Gamigin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I've been having OutOfMemory problems and I've been watching the
"Server Status" section under Tomcat Manager. Immediately after
starting Tomcat (with my main application undeployed) I see:

Free memory: 2.17 MB Total memory: 5.84 MB Max memory: 63.56 MB

Can anyone explain what these numbers mean? I can't find any
explanation in the Tomcat documentation. What is the difference
between Total memory and Max memory? Free memory is a lot lower than
expected for just starting the server. I can't only have 2MB available
after starting the server and not even running my application.

Sure you can. :-)  The default JVM size of 64Mb is ridiculously small.
Bump it up to ~256Mb at least...

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]