Thanks for going the extra mile to help me out on this. I really appreciate
it.
As far as I am aware, the auto detection of local member is only available
post v9.0.17 and the <LocalMember> tag was added in v8.5.1. Unfortunately,
I happen to be working in an environment where 8.5.0 is the highest non-EOL
version available. I know I am playing very fast and loose with the
definition of EOL when the current version is 8.5.98. Since the
StaticMembershipInterceptor has been available for a long time, I thought I
could make it work without those two features.

Sincerely,
Manak Bisht