> On May 22, 2024, at 13:31, Garber, Frank
> <francis.gar...@elevancehealth.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Not knowing how it’s supposed to behave, here’s another clue. When I click on
> the “Server Status” button, I never get prompted for credentials.

This sounds like a browser configuration problem. On the first attempt to
access a protected resource, the server will return a 401 status with a
WWW-Authenticate header listing the acceptable authentication mechanisms; for
Tomcat, "Basic" is the default. The browser is then supposed to take the
specified action to determine the credentials - for Basic, that’s the typical
dialog box prompt.

If you’re using Edge (my condolences if so), go to edge://policy and look at
the AuthSchemes entry; if it doesn’t include “basic”, you’ll never get the
prompt.

Can you correct the Edge config or try a different browser?

  - Chuck