Long:

Thanks for adding this thought.  As per my previous note on this
subject, in light of your (relative) confidence in using IP,  maybe
I  _should_ reconsider the getRemoteAddr() and simply use it as an
addt'l advisory for making session auth decision on successive
pages as they transit http/https.

Maurice Yarrow

Long wrote:

I can also imagine this company gives employees the go-a-head and
hijack each others session. It would also reward the idiot(s) that can
do it best with double pay...

Your imaginary company example doesn't really happen within a real
company, does it? Usually there are codes of conduct and policies
against such malice behavior, with serious consequences. I think
the risk is rather low than "relatively high", as you say.

Even if you can enforce a "SAFE" session, what is there to stop
a user from reconstructing his URL (with session ID and all) and
email it to friends and company?

Session hijacking is a potential problem with all web apps, regardless
of technology. The only thing we can do, falling short of making the user
authenticate with each request, is to determine the right balance between
content security and risk. For most applications, I would feel reasonably
secure if requests for a session are indeed coming from the same IP.

Long

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tomas Hulek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>