On 10/30/06, Nathan Wilhelmi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello - This may be a bit off topic, and if so any
recommend pointers to the right place would be great. I
really like the reuse aspects of tag libraries, however I
don't like doing all the println statements to emit HTML.
Feels like there has to be a better way.
<snip/>

See JSP (>= 2.0) tag files [1].

-Rahul

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/JSPTags5.html

What I would really like, I think, is a way to embed jsp's
in the tablib to handle the HTML output. Sort of like a
mini jsp page solution, the difference is that I would
like to embed the jsp widgets in the jar for the taglib,
rather than coping files into the container directories.
Does anyone know of a way or project that does this, or
perhaps a better alternative? Something like velocity
looks like it might work but I would prefer to stick with
one view technology if possible.

Thanks!

-Nate