> From: Michael Hencin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: installing the admin on 5.5
>
> I am having a bear of a time installing the admin application
> for 5.5. I downloaded and unzipped the apache-tomcat-5.5.20-admin.zip,

> expanded the contents.

That's all you need to do - if you expand it into the standard Tomcat
installation directory, like you're supposed to do.  If you're using
some 3rd-party repackaged Tomcat that scatters pieces of Tomcat all
over, I'd strongly suggest throwing that in the junk pile and
downloading and installing the real one.

> Then using the tomcat manager application deployed the files OK.

Well, that's made a mess of things.  You need to undeploy it from there,
and just unzip properly.

Don't forget to to update conf/tomcat-users.xml with an appropriate
userid, password, and the "admin" role.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.