From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: den 30 oktober 2006 15:16
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Two apps with different hosts?

Per,

> So if we want to have more applications inside webapps and with
> different hosts we get several instances, so our only solution was to
> use a dummy appBase for one of the applications and point out the off
> the apps directly (which if I'm not misinformed can have behavior on
> the libs in the shared directory).
>
> Is there a "smother" way of doing this? It does feel a little bit
> awkward to do as below.

Why not simply keep your webapps for one host in one directory, and
those for the other in a separate directory. Then, set the "appBase"
attribute as appropriate for each host (note changes):

> <Host name="www.mysite.com"
> appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="false" autoDeploy="false"
> xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false"> </Host>
>
> <Host name="preview.mysite.com" appBase="webapps-preview"
unpackWARs="false"
> autoDeploy="false" xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> </Host>

-chris

This e-mail and the information it contains may be privileged and/or
confidential.  It is for the intended addressee(s) only.
The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail, or any information
it contains, is prohibited.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the
material from your computer.