From: Martin Gainty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:21 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Serving up applets

Not to mention security permissions one must grant thru either
updates to policy files  OR
running your bundled code thru SecurityManager PlugIn

http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Security/applets/

Be mindful that this will have to work in every browser and every JVM your
client supports
so I would opt to install Sun Java Security Manager plugin
http://java.sun.com/products/plugin/1.3/plugin-install.html
OR
RSA Security Manager plugin
http://www.rsasecurity.com/blog/entry.asp?id=1003

and configure the jar to execute/read/write within the plugin environment-

HTH,
M-
This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and
privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you have received
this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its
contents