Hello all,

I am a beginner and I am considering whether to use
jsp or php to develop a web application. I prefer jsp
since i am familiar with java. But i found that many
web hosting companies either do not support jsp or
only support jsp in their expensive dedicated server
plans. In contrast, php is well-supported by almost
all web hosting companies. Is jsp designed for use by
large websites that require dedicated servers? Do you
think php is a better choice for small and medium
sized websites that don't require dedicated servers?
Thank you.

Jack