I have appBase and docBase as different folders. The docBase contains the war files.

We want to deploy one of the WAR file as a default application (i.e. with the context path of empty string ""). Things seems to deployed okay on startup. (Even though it is deployed twice, I do not have the docBase inside appBase though). However, it seems impossible to auto-redeploy this default web application. It is possible to auto-deploy an application by dropping a WAR file to the appBase directory. But I want the XYZ.war to be redeployed as a default one so we dont have to go "http://localhost:8080/myapp";.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

Regards, K.C