----- Original Message ----
From: Pid [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Some bots also use sessions.

I disagree, the bot has no capability to decide to use a session.

A bot would only appear to use a session if it was HTTP/1.1 capable, and
was handling cookies or encoded URLs properly.

Most bots get pages asynchronously, I've observed Googlebot hitting url
encoded pages with jsessionids generated days beforehand, during a
may account for apparently older creation dates appearing the list of
active/recent session.

(A guess: I don't know enough about the internals of Tomcat to be sure
of that.)