Rahul Choubey wrote:
Dear Friends,

I have installed Apache Tomcat version 4.0 in my system.
I am getting the homepage correctly on writing
http://localhost:8080 on the browser's address bar but
when I go to servlets example page I am unable to execute
the servlets,the same is the problem with JSP too.I am getting
the following error:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.4- HTTP Status 404 - /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
type Status report
 message /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
 description The requested resource  (/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample) is
not available.

I have correctly set the environment variables.I have tried on both Win98
and XP and on both IE and Mozilla.Please help.

Regards,
Rahul
Do you have the servlets configured in your web.xml or server.xml?