I guess I'll answer my own question here after some testing and research
That is:

If you override the "service()" method on servelet all you need is a "service name" and a "path" to the servlet followed by two newlines as the "minimal" header.

ie:

X /Z\n\n

for the most minimal header.

"X" being the service name and "/Z" being the path to the servlet.

On reply if "service()" if you write to the

response.getOutputStream() you are in essence writing directly to the connected socket unfiltered.