I would think if your using Tomcat as the Servlet container, The file itself
would be owned by the account running Tomcat. Is this not the case?

On 3/2/07, stevethames <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am using tomcat as a servlet server used by a mod_perl application
running
under apache.  I have setup log4j and log4perl to that both tomcat and the
Perl app can use the same log files.  This all works fine.

The problem I'm having is when tomcat creates the log file.  Does anyone
know how to set the log file owner, group, and permissions when
FileAppender
creates the log file?