David, it works now. I had to change port to 8090 in one more place:
      <!-- Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8082 -->
    <!-- See proxy documentation for more information about using this. -->
    <!--
    <Connector port="8090"
               enableLookups="false"
               proxyPort="80" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

  Thanks a lot to everyone who replied.

  Regards,
  Mallika

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hmmm... wierd. I can only guess at what might be happening:

1. You have two connectors configured in tomcat on the same port. The
first will succeed, the second will fail.

2. There's a double launch of tomcat. The first succeeds, the second fails.

3. I've seen your posts mention JBoss, Tomcat, and MyEclipse so it's
also possible two or more of those are configured to the same port. If
that were the case, they would have to be launching together to
simultaneously go from no one using 8090 to two attempts at 8090.

Could you provide some detail regarding your setup?

--David