Sean:

I've recently struggled through the same 404 issues on my test server, where
I'm preparing to move an app from an old Win2K/Apache/Tomcat environment to
W2K3/IIS6/Tomcat6 system.

I now have .jsp files being served up from within my IIS web structure as
well as the Tomcat /examples, all from the IIS port 80 interface. This
required creating a Virtual Directory in IIS for the /examples folder in
Tomcat, and a <Context> definition in Tomcat to reference the .JSPs in the
IIS folder.

The entire process is documented, with sample config files and screenshots,
and available on my web server at
http://gw.innotechcg.com:2080/downloads/IntegrateTomcatIIS.zip
http://gw.innotechcg.com:2080/downloads/IntegrateTomcatIIS.zip  . This is
the first draft of the document, and it covers everything from installing
Java to configuring the server.xml file. Presentation is generic, and geared
toward working examples, so the concepts can be grasped and applied to other
configurations. I'd love feedback on whether it helped, accuracy, and even
additional concepts to add to it.

Regards,

Glenn

That's one I haven't heard before.  I'll have to keep an eye out
for that in the future, but it isn't the case here.  I also did not
download any of the versions I'm using directly on the server,
so I should have been safe from that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Sean McKellips
Systems Administrator