Hi,

  I would like to access mysql database from a servlet but I'm not sure what to
initialize for the String connectionURL marked as
"jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx" in the program below. I got this program from
the internet which I would like to run in my computer. Can anyone please
explain to me what the parameters "yyyy" and "xxx" should be?

  Yours Sincerely,
  TEH

  Following is part of the program:
  public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response) throws ServletException, IOException{
response.setContentType("text/html");
PrintWriter pw = response.getWriter();
String connectionURL = "jdbc:mysql://localhost:yyyy/xxx";
Connection connection=null;
try{
String username = request.getParameter("username");
String password = request.getParameter("password");
pw.println(username);
pw.println(password);
Class.forName("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance();
connection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionURL, "root", "root");
PreparedStatement pst = connection.prepareStatement
("insert into login_table values(?,?)");

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.