Hi all,

I know there are other threads about this problem, but no one ever said the
solution!
I hope to find more accurate help because this problem is very tedious.

In particular, I have the exception (see the end of post) when I start
consecutively tomcat Embedded, for example:
- start tomcat embedded
- do some test
- close tomcat embedded calling Embedded.stop() as suggested in all articles
found on the net.
- start again tomcat embedded --> Exception

The only two solutions I found were:
1) wait some time the try again...
2) change ecah time the port

Don't tell me please to see if that port is already used by other
processes....The problem exists with all ports I try and no one process uses
the same port as tomcat.

Thanks in advance,
Best regards.
Raffaele

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: LifecycleException:
Protocol handler initialization failed: java.net.BindException: Address
already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
        at webrainbow.services.WebService.<init>(WebService.java:93)
        at
webrainbow.services.WebServiceMainTest.<init>(WebServiceMainTest.java:25)
        at
webrainbow.services.WebServiceMainTest.main(WebServiceMainTest.java:37)
Caused by: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1019)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Embedded.start(Embedded.java:827)
        at webrainbow.services.WebService.startTomcat(WebService.java:210)
        at webrainbow.services.WebService.<init>(WebService.java:91)
        ... 2 more