i think its better if you use web services for that purpose, or rmi,
whichever right to your taste

On 7/9/07, axelspin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
I am wondering which is the best way to deploy within Tomcat multiple web
apps (portlets-web services) that have access
to the same business logic (developed with Spring+Hibernate).

I`ve seen something here

http://springtips.blogspot.com/2007/06/using-shared-parent-application-context.html
but I can`t handle ears

I am looking to JNDI, but it is still not clear to me how and what to do
it..and if it is worth.

should I use just a JNDI connection to the JDBC datasource or it would be
better to have all the spring+hibernate service beans loaded in JNDI?

I`ve splitted the webapps applicationContext-<name>.xml files. Crated a
jar
with all the business beans and the applicationContext-service.xml and
copied it in the common/lib, together with all the hibernate and spring
libs.It works but I wouldn`t load this stuff in each web.xml for each
web-app using the spring listner. I don`t think it`s a good way to achive
my
target..is it?

Any experience about it?
Thnx