like here - this is the reference for that info below.

http://www.nabble.com/svn-commit:-r556449----tomcat-container-tc5.5.x-webapps-docs-jndi-datasource-examples-howto.xml-t4083357.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 10:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

how do you know the user and password won't work from the context?
Are you just trying to store it elsewhere or did you try it?

Also, on the driver reference, I saw something on Oracle's site suggesting the
use of:

oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver, I believe, rather than the full
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

it had said the latter was deprecated. However, that may not be the crux of
your problem but you could try it.

I have not experimented with the getPooledConnection method so I can't say, but
I think it is that you're using PooledConnection rather than Connection.