on this:

-----Original Message-----
From: "Julio J. Suárez Salinero" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:13 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: OracleConnectionPoolDataSource

3. "factory" attribute is new. I have found it in google and it began to
work when I started using it.

                Could it be the factory class in that jar is either not the
right one needed or something else could be wrong with it? Maybe you need to
        redownload the jar containing it?

4. I use OracleConnectionPoolDataSource because with
javax.sql.DataSource it doesn't close correctly close connections from
pool and server got to hang up.

               were you explicitly closing each connection and/or prepared
statement, or callable statement? I found I had to do the same thing myself or
         the connections wouldn't close properly.

5. con variable is of type Connection. I found this in an example in
google. May it be of type PooledConnection? If so, can I use pc variable
instead of con?

                I was thinking you might not need to establish Connection con,
if you're already establishing pooled connection.
                But if you do, you might need to declare it first. I was
thinking, though, that the PooledConnection object would serve as your
connection.