Caldarale, Charles R a écrit :
From: Frederic Bastian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: URIEncoding

Is there a way to get the value of the param URIEncoding of the Connector, so your code will work, whatever the char encoding of the Connector is ?

I'm confused.  If the <Connector> already has the proper URIEncoding
value, why do you think the application needs to reprocess the URI with
the same encoding?

The point is that I need to use the java.net.URLEncoder.encode() method, e.g. java.net.URLEncoder.encode(myParam, "UTF-8").

Using a different character encoding than the Connector URIEncoding leads to problems ; for instance, if the Connector URIEncoding is set to "ISO-8859-1" (default value), and the URLEncoder.encode() method set to "UTF-8" => problems (one obvious solution is to modify the URIEncoding)

I would like to use URLEncoder.encode() method with the character encoding UTF-8 (W3C recommendations). So, I MUST modify the Connector URIEncoding parameter, but I don't want to, to improve portability.

So I would like to manage this problem in the application itself rather than in server.xml, for portability purposes. The only solution I see is to find a way to get the value of the URIEncoding parameters.