Hi Ian.

ojdbc14.jar needs to ONLY be in common/lib. It won't work in myapp/WEB-INF/lib and won't work if you have the jar in both places.

Additionally you should take a look at the JDBC howto docs regarding what your <Resource...> config in your myapp/META-INF/context.xml or conf/Catalina/localhost/myapp.xml should look like:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html#Oracle%208i%20with%20OCI%20client

My only editorial comment on the page is to NOT place your <Resource.../> or <Context .../> definition in server.xml as recommended on the page. Place it in context.xml or myapp.xml as I describe above.

--David

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks for your advice so far

I've upgraded to the latest Oracle ojdbc14.jar and placed it the myapp\WEB-INF\lib folder, I also tried it the Tomcat\common\lib for for good measure but still got the same results. I'll continue to use ojdbc14.jar from now though.

I've change the ResourceParams name to just Resource name but this causes Tomcat not to startup, the logs show the following trace...

*** Excerpt Tomcat 5.5.12 logs ***
16-Aug-2007 16:08:32 org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
        at

Does this mean it's now reading the <context> <Resource> element. ?

Thanks

Ian

Quoting ashish shrivastava <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

check this

http://evolutionnext.com/blog/2005/10/13/1129259088959.html