On 8/23/07, Rainer Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Guofeng Zhang schrieb:
> > # Define Master
> > worker.master.host=192.168.225.195
> > worker.master.port=8009
> > worker.master.type=ajp13
> > worker.master.lbfactor=1
> > worker.master.cachesize=10
> > worker.master.cache_timeout=600
> > worker.master.socket_timeout=180
> > worker.master.recycle_timeout=100
> > worker.master.prepost_timeout=50
> > worker.master.recovery_options=0
>
> You could lower you prepost_timeout. The Timeouts will help for
> unplanned downtimes. For planned downtimes you should administratively
> change the activation attribute of the load balancer members.

He's already using a low prepost_timeout of 50ms (IMO is way too low
and should be set to 250-500ms).

What he should also set is the connect_timeout setting, again, I would
recommend 500ms or higher.

Additionally, I see some other settings which are incorrect:

cachesize is deprecated and should not be set (or left at 1 unless
using a threaded Apache MPM which is unlikely unless running on
Windows which the OP does not mention).
cache_timeout is also deprecated and should not be set.
recycle_timeout is also deprecated and should not be set.

-Dave