"Christopher Schultz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Eric,
>
> Eric B. wrote:
>> I've currently got an apache/tomcat installation using mod_jk to
>> communicate
>> between the two.  Everything works perfectly.  The only issue I have is
>> when
>> I am redeploying my application in tomcat, or decide to stop tomcat
>> altogether, is that I have no idea how to configure a proper error page
>> be displayed to the user.
>
> Did you notice that the error message you get has an HTTP status code
> associated with it?
>
> Apache httpd knows how to send pages other than the stock ones, like this:
>
> ErrorDocument 500 down.html  - This covers "TC not running", I think
> ErrorDocument 503 down.html  - This covers "app isn't ready yet"

Sorry - I guess I wasn't specific enough.  The HTTP status code that I got
from Apache was 200 hence the OK.  I assumed that it was probably 200 since
I was actually able to communicate with Apache itself, even though its
request to tomcat was unavailable.  Or unless I am missing something in my
apache configuration to display the correct error page.

If I check the headers sent using Fiddler, I get the following:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK