> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: RE: Connection pooling, is it the right way to do it?
> >
> > I can find the part where doc says that context shouldn't be
> > put in server.xml but in context.xml, but can't see the part
> > where docbase and path shouldn't be specified.
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html
>
> "path ... The value of this field must not be set except when
> statically defining a Context in server.xml, as it will be inferred from
> the filenames used for either the .xml context file or the docBase."
>
> Looks like the analogous constraint on the docBase attribute has
> disappeared from the doc.  When docBase is specified and the target is
> under the <Host> appBase directory, the deployment is likely to become
> corrupted or occur twice.
>
>  - Chuck

Anyway, my code was taken from the tomcat 5.5 doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html
but probably that <Context> was put in the server.xml file, else it should be
wrong, according to what you say.
And there is the ?autoReconnect=true option to url parameters too.. just to
show that i got the code from an official jakarta tomcat page :) Anyway, i
removed autoReconnect and docBase and path parameters.. hope that's all to have
the web application fully performing.