Thanks Alexey.

Notifications only :(

Keep the ideas coming guys!

just to to check - there is no hidden setting in Tomcat which says - shut me down at midnight sometimes for an inexplainable reason?

Martin

Alexey Solofnenko wrote:
Maybe it is caused by automatic Windows Update. Did you check it?

- Alexey.

Martin Cavanagh wrote:
Hi guys, I'm still having this problem.

Its happened 3 times now. Always at exactly midnight. 21.09, 25.09 and 26.09.

We have VM Ware Server as the hardware - could this cause the problem?

I have a firewall on the machine with only the HTTPS port open.

In the config file there is the standard AJP port (8009) - what does this actually do?

Hardware : VM Ware Server
OS: Win 2003
Tomcat Version: 5.5.23

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

David Smith wrote:
Huh?? The shutdown port explicitly binds to the localhost interface. External clients cannot access it anyway. Easily demonstrated with a netstat command.

--David

Martin Gainty wrote:

Hi Pid

you're going to need a firewall if someone can telnet to your shutdown port
(check server.xml for the exact port number)

Martin--