Charlie Wingate wrote:
I'm confused.....Doesn't mod_jk use ajp1.3 on the tomcat side?  Was
that with or without the native runtime library?

1) mod_jk uses the protocol AJP
2) On the Tomcat side, there is a pure Java AJP connector, and a native one (called APR connector). You can choose. 3) Most likly (?) Tony meant "from mod_proxy_ajp" to mod_jk", although I would not expect a big performance difference between those two.

The biggest difference between mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp/mod_proxy_balancer at the moment in my opinion is

- mod_jk gets released more often because it's independantly released, so it's easier for us to add features and fix bugs
- mod_jk has more options to handle more complicated backend topologies
- mod_proxy_* is easier to understand for simple configurations
- mod_proxy_* has the advantage of automatically being installed on nearly all systems which have Apache httpd 2.2.

Regards,

Rainer

~Charlie

The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking with which we created them. - Albert Einstein

-----Original Message----- From: Tony Anecito
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 12:56
PM To: Tomcat Users List Subject: Re: Apache connectors for tomcat

I had heard that mod_jk was faster so I switched from ajp to mod_jk
and sure enough mod_jk was 10% faster for me.

-Tony